Friday 28 August 2009

Friday Delights

My favorite day is Friday. I love Friday's because they are full of promise, fresh optimism for the weekend. Any jobs or things to-do can be put off on Friday evening and procrastinated until Saturday or Sunday. This weekend is especially great because Monday is a bank holiday here in England so I have it off! Not so for my husband though. :( Here are a couple of things on my agenda this weekend:

Running at the Rowley Mile fields-

Current read (I live near the places the book sites!)-


Wine- Campo Viejo Rioja Crianza

This wine is featured in my "The Wine Trials" book:
Ranked #2 of light old world reds under $15
This wine is aged longer than most inexpensive reds and has an earthy taste that "transports you to a rustic place"- books words, I just really like it. :)


Challenge of the weekend: I may be having some people over for dinner Saturday night. I'm trying to decide on the menu... I know they are healthy so that throws many of my go-to-sure-to-love meals out the window. :) Any ideas?
Have a wonderful weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Hope your weekend went well. What did you end up making? Do you guys BBQ a lot? Grilling can always be low cal and delicious. I have been baking zucchini bread like crazy. The boy can't get enough of it and it's the season. Perfect setting for coming into fall. It rained last noc, so I just HAD to get up and start baking. Not as fun when the house is a mess that boy just wants to take apart all my spice containers. :) If you need a good recipe let me know, it's diff than mom's. Omar and I went dove hunting last noc, I shot a robin, oops. Pounded it though. :)
    Ok, so is the above book a recommender, give me a title, I need a good book, not that I have the time, but it would be nice.

    call me, love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We need to start grilling more, it would be much easier if we had a yard! Grillin on the the George Forman just isn't the same and leaves me with lots to clean, and smoke in the kitchen! :) Please email me the zucchini bread recipe! Also could you please leave your hunting nights out, kinda bringin' down the blog... I'm just sayin...

    ReplyDelete